September 25th: Agreed Report from BOM meeting of Mercy Secondary School
● Sympathy was expressed to Mark Casey, Sr. Una Purcell and Carol O'Sullivan.
● Leaving Cert Results 2018 was discussed. Principal presented an Analysis for the Board. Junior Cert results will be discussed at next meeting. Staff was thanked for their great work with the Leaving Certs.
● A decision was taken that the BOM Further Education fund of €3000 for teachers and SNAs would be made available for this school year. Applications are invited to be submitted before November 31st . A decision will be taken at following BOM meeting.
● School development planning- Number of subjects discussed going forward for incoming first years. Based on the new Well Being Program there must be 5 classes of Wellbeing in second year.
● A discussion took place on Steam vs Stem. It was agreed that we continue to offer a broad education for the holistic development of the student which is seen as a great strength of Mercy Ballymahon.
● Posts of Responsibilities discussed. Members of selection committees ratified.
● Finance- Summary and End of year accounts discussed.
● Additional Accommodation- Principal has submitted further information as requested by the Building Unit of DES to support an application for additional accommodation and ASD Unit.
● Next full meeting: 13th of November.