May 17th, 2019.
As the 3rd Year students approach their Junior Certificate exams, I would like to bring the following points to your attention:
· Third Year students will finish school on Wednesday May 29th. They must wear their uniform on that day. It is also expected that they will finish school in a disciplined manner.
· Please view the Junior Certificate Exam Timetable. I would ask that you take note of the dates and times of your son’s/daughter’s exams. If students are not doing exams for a full day I would strongly encourage you to leave them to, or to collect them from the School, if possible. I would strongly advise that students do not go down to the park by the river at lunchtime or at times when they are not doing exams.
· Students must present themselves in a fit state for exams. Any serious misbehaviour or disruption caused will be treated very seriously and students may not be allowed to continue to sit their exams in the school.
· Students must wear their full uniform during exams.
· Rules of the State Examinations Commission state that students must be at their exam centre 30 mins before the beginning of the exam on first day and 10 mins before the beginning of the remainder of exams. Also students are not permitted to bring mobile phones into the exam centre.
· Students are strongly advised to stay for the duration of the exam. If they leave early they must sign the Exam Attendance Book outside the exam centre. These records will be available to parents/guardians.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish each student success in the exams. I realise that exam time is stressful for both parents and students. With God’s help we trust that they all will perform to their full potential and achieve their desired goals.