Classroom-Based Assessment (CBA) 1 Business in Action Period
Students spend four weeks completing the Business in Action CBA - Monday 12th March to Friday 20th April 2018
In Mercy Secondary School Ballymahon, we have chosen to focus our CBA1 on the Finance in Action Unit of the Business Studies Subject specification,
For this project, students form working groups of 4/5.
Examples of student’s research topics are as follows.
● Comparing the cost of a Shopping Basket with different retailers in Ireland (10 items - eg Dunnes, Supervalu, Lidl, Aldi, Tesco)
● Comparing the cost of going to a sporting event, looking at the cost of booking yourself vs the cost of a travel agent
● Comparing the cost of going to a concert in Dublin vs one in the UK (Pick an artist who is playing in Ireland and UK this summer)
● Comparing the cost of booking a family holiday for 4 persons in Ireland vs Europe (Adult & 2 Children))
● Comparing the cost of Car Insurance in Ireland with different target market ( Male vs Female, People in the 20’s, 30’s, Middle aged/ Over 65)
Students can present their findings in a variety of ways:
Results will be reported in Summer Reports